Question:
Salute to the famous Lisbon Lions, the Greatest Ever Scottish team?
2011-05-25 09:21:25 UTC
Its funny listening to rangers fans desperately trying to belittle Celtics outstanding achievement. They'll never win the European Cup or Champions League as it is now called and they know it. Its simply too big a success for a club like rangers to ever achieve. They go on about Celtic fans hurting that we never won the league this season but even they will admit Celtic will win the league again at some point. Will rangers ever win the Champions League? No, and it upsets them deeply. Its one of the big things that define Celtic and separates us from them.

Until rangers win the Champion League they can never claim to be a club of the same stature as Celtic. That day will never come.

If you want to see real pain watch the rangers fans when Celtics European triumph is mentioned. The very word Lisbon or 67 makes them break out into a cold sweat and they go into automatic denial mode. I suppose its a natural reaction, a kind of defence mechanism. Once they acknowledge Celtics incredible achievement, they might be able to accept it and come to terms with the reality of what it means.
Sixteen answers:
2011-05-26 08:53:31 UTC
Like Tatty it's not something I mention that often but it's part of our history a magnificent achievent. Kind of like man's first step on the moon once it's been done, anyone coming after just isn't the same. 'One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind' lol. Happy Lions day! :)
Tatty
2011-05-25 10:18:31 UTC
Agreed Dan, they have got a right sack of tatties on both their shoulders about it. You will never change that. At the end of the day though, we've won it, they've no, that makes me content and happy enough.

Yes, they've won more titles than us (which has allowed them many more failed attempts at the European Cup, than us), but we've still won 42 of them, so it's not as if we haven't won it, just they've won more, so it's not something that pisses me off (that much), but we have done something (as you rightly say) that they will never do and that makes me happy.

Mucky - Forrest are not a bigger club, you know it, I know it everyone knows it. There is no taking away though from what they done in 79 & 80, truly amazing that such a relatively small club won this trophy twice.

BB - as mentioned elsewhere. Fans of The Beatles still go on about Sgt Peppers released 1st Jun 67 and still rate it as the greatest thing the Beatles have ever done, actually a lot of people (not just Beatles fans) rate it as the Greatest Album ever made. Time has not diminished their achievement, why does time diminish ours (in Hun eyes?)

Eck - No, "the only recognised as good nowadays" team we beat was Inter. The other teams were clearly good enough to win their own (French, Yugoslavian, Czech and Swiss) Leagues and were no pushovers back in the 60's, well maybe Zurich were. Your 92/93 (who's bringing up history now?) was good, but we beat knocked out better teams, Fiorentina, Benfica, Leeds in 69/70.

Jamie - do you know many Villa or Forrest fans, believe me they do go on about it, wouldn't you if you'd won the most prestigious European trophy there is to win, of course you would, but you haven't , so you can't. How do you know Hamburg, Steaua, Dortmund etc don't go on about it?

Helen - do us a favour then and don't.

BB - well, I'm sure Sgt Peppers get's mentioned somewhere every day around the world, you don't like the Beatles, but don't seem to have a problem with that! I actually don't go on about 1967 that much, I'm content within myself that my team won it and that's good enough for me.

Helen - blah, blah, blah, always take it back to that, YAWN. I can argue, discuss, debate and offer intelligent and educated opinion and reason, when I choose or want to, sometimes I don't, sometimes, I just want to be a nasty cnut, where is the great problem with that.

I fail to see how you can determine or interpret my "type", through my postings on here. You might not like what I say, but I fail to see how you can adequately define who I am, from my words on here! Yes, I can be vile, I can be a cnut etc but those are just facets of me, I can also be funny, amusing, clever, observant, witty, charming etc, I am much more, than just the words I use on here.

Eck - France (you'll remember that one surely!!!) and Yugoslavia have both had one winner each since we won it. OK, i'll give you it though we had byes the whole way through and then played a shite Inter team, should have just given us the trophy at the start. It's strange how you lot have had plenty 'bye' games year in year out back then and still couldn't even manage a final, let alone a win. Like I've said before shite in Europe, yous always were ans always will be.
2011-05-25 12:54:02 UTC
Bored. Will Celtic ever win the trophy again, I think not. It was a different time, a great achievement but you did, as others have said, have an easy run to the final. Best achievement for a Scottish Club in Europe, IMO, goes to Aberdeen in 1983.
Alan T
2011-05-25 10:15:43 UTC
im genuinely not bothered about achievements of a team from 67! football was completely different back then! rangers are the champions so it looks more like YOU'RE the bitter one trying to belittle our achievements THIS season!
herrman
2016-10-13 04:13:10 UTC
the two those attacking soccer communities are interior a similar place, battling against the institutions favoured communities... actual Madid and Rankers are the two communities interior the international who isn't allowed to bypass bankrupt! ,.. actual spend lots extra advantageous than they could probable earn and Rankers earn little or no yet are allowed to borrow hundreds of thousands!.. did no longer Messi injury pink noses dream?? lol.. massive Jocks nonetheless the appropriate ever Scottish supervisor.
Errapolis
2011-05-25 17:37:15 UTC
Im amazed you're making this an anti-Rangers rant rather than remembering your clubs achievement.

Can you not savour those memories rather than use it as a platform to moan?

Im sure the Lisbon Lions would be proud of you. Right hurry along, you're out of Kestrel and your devil dug wants a walk.
Sean Bailey
2011-05-25 14:40:00 UTC
With that team today, maybe Celticwould give Rangers a better run for their money in trying to win the SPL title!

Think Lennon might bring one or two out of retirement?
KRI$$Y BOYD*****
2011-05-25 09:45:45 UTC
You don't half talk rubbish. The likes of Forrest, Villa, Steaua Bucurest, Red Star, Hamburg and Dortmund have all one it since Celtic have many moons ago, you don't hear them going on and on about it.

Upset??? I don't think so. In your head you wish I was upset more like. Just pointing out a few facts for you to dwell upon.
?
2011-05-25 09:55:02 UTC
Is there any point in posting anything on here (and the whole SFS) if you are not a Celtic fan?

If its a question, they run off greeting like a spoilt bairn until its deleted.

If its a reply, they just edit their question to include a childlike riposte.

Two things are certain in life nowadays.....you are not allowed to insult or question the opinions of Muslims or Celtic fans.

lol @ Eck, the back door booters could join the two groups 50/50.

Tatty, I pity you mate. Reading your bile which glorifies the Ibrox disaster on many occasions just shows the type of sub-standard being you and your type are.
ECK
2011-05-25 09:42:16 UTC
The only decent team they played was Inter. When Rangers won the CWC 5 years later - then we saw some decent sides.

This is the greatest performance by a Scottish team in Europe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLCveZz3mVw

I moved on 44 years ago mate. YOU f'ckin' move on.
malks ra tim
2011-05-25 11:36:50 UTC
What the f-ck is the problem with that article Hell en the cave dweller,well at least we know not only does it hate anything Celtic but the whole Muslim faith,what a complete rat,hopefully nobody has been caught out drunk and gave it a child to poison with her vileness.
John Patong
2011-05-26 04:54:26 UTC
Mucky Pup???.. What kind of a thick demented wee saddo would use a name like that?? .. a Belfast dug ffs' hahaha that's how ignorant and stupid they are man they think a dug is an intelligent creature haw haw haw hawd me up ffs' hahaha
bluebell
2011-05-25 09:35:23 UTC
what a crock of ****......something that happened years before i was born fills me with hurt...don't think so.....lol......

you know sometimes you sound very much like the oracle....eerie....

i didn't say you were anyone else i said you sounded like him...as for hurting mate...that was my wee gran getting her last rites last night no a game of football...grow up....

tatty i didn't say it should be forgot about..i anwered the question about us hurting....as a rangers fan it doesn't interest me....well done for doing it...but why do you all constantly want adoration for it....if it makes you all feel better...well done ..what a team....jeez

tatty..i answered a q on rock and pop saying the beatles were overrated.....i got hate mail for a week for that too...lol
2011-05-25 09:23:44 UTC
Forest won it twice so are they bigger than Celtic?

Your argument is bollocks mate.
2011-05-25 09:34:58 UTC
yes they were a good team
jim torbett