Question:
Why do Rangers fans sing GSTQ and Rule Britannia?
2010-06-06 14:38:37 UTC
..and you fly the union jack, But by the time it comes to the World Cup, you are all Anti-English?
Sixteen answers:
2010-06-06 15:28:11 UTC
What I don't get is this. Some fly the Union Jack (proudly), which in my book means they are proclaiming their Unionist Views and beliefs, which in my eyes means they are proud to be part of the Union and be in Union with England. Yet so many of the Scottish ones (not so much the NI ones), go on about their dislike for England/English, who when I last checked were quite a part of this Union that they fly flags and sing in praise of!

I'm sorry but surely you can't one minute defend, rejoice and celebrate, what you obviously see as a glorious Union and then deride one it's largest member the next minute, it kind of defies logic, to me. Is this not what is called "Sleeping With The Enemy"?

I have never flown a Tricolour, I'm not Irish and have no aspiration to be. I have never flown a Union Jack (or god forbid a St Georges Cross), as I'm not a Unionist, I am part of it, but have no aspiration to celebrate it. I have flown a Scottish Saltire, as I am Scottish and have every aspiration to be so and be proud to be so, until the day I die.
2010-06-06 16:11:35 UTC
It is only the Union Jack if you are flying it at sea, is anyone here currently on a boat or ship, if not let's call it the union flag.

Gio I am sure there must be times when you don't like aspects of who you are, your character, how you look or your actions, but still overall in general like yourself (even if you are the only one who does lol), might even be members of your familly you don't like at times, but you would still defend them.

there are times and events where the countries of the union are in competition with each other and don't want to see the others do well, especially when there is a smug media run by that part of the union.

As fully mature people we can hold conflicting emotions and complex thoughts on a subject at the same time, you might be able to do this as well when you grow up.

mindfux Flower of Scotland isn't the national anthem it is just a song that is sung at the start of scottish football and rugby games. The last official Scottish national anthem was Scots Wa Hae , and Scotland the Brave was a much better tune than the dirge they play now.
rubblyjubbly
2010-06-06 17:00:57 UTC
Just because we enjoy the benefits being part of the union brings, doesn't mean we have to like who we are united with. Maybe Rangers fans celebrate the union because they believe that Scotland is better off for being part of it. You don't have to like someone to work with them ;-)
Kyle
2010-06-06 16:59:12 UTC
Why do celtic fans struggle to know the difference between Britain and England. Fecking moron Gio.

We aren't singing rule England, are we but for some odd reason celtic fans struggle so deeply with this that it amazes me. Learn some history and geography and you will see that there is a difference between Britain and England? BTW i have no hatred for England. Hatred requires energy which i won't use on the English

ha ha you won't fly a satire --- Get tae hell traitor
?
2017-02-15 04:32:07 UTC
1
Tico
2010-06-06 16:36:28 UTC
Because they know that if they do, Scotland gets all the funding from England it does. Their country needs this funding to survive. It's also done to wind up Celtic fans. They know what side of their bread is buttered.
Owen
2010-06-06 14:42:55 UTC
The union Jack is the flag of Great Britain, and rule britannia is a song about Britain! Scotland are Part of Britain
2010-06-07 01:08:26 UTC
i support england.

some rangers fans do some dont,its the same with celtic fans and the rep of ireland.

EDIT There is no official national anthem for Scotland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_anthem_of_Scotland

flower of scotland is the unofficial anthem
2010-06-06 22:07:14 UTC
i'm English and British, i'm also a Liverpool fan i might sing songs about England but United fans might do the same thing u get me
2010-06-06 14:55:06 UTC
We are Scottish, and British.

God Save The Queen is our national anthem.

I don't support Celtic in Europe but as a Scot id sing alongside them at a Scotland game. No different.

This coming from a guy with arabic and a palestine flag who supports a Scottish team with Irish roots in Britain but wont fly a Saltire... really??
2016-03-01 07:03:47 UTC
why yes we will..........what will happen to this section without rangers..its all yous talk about ffs..
Champion Lennon's Oracle
2010-06-07 02:23:08 UTC
Confused.com
2010-06-06 15:31:30 UTC
why dont the radges pay their tax bills and support the U K by paying tax like the rest of us ,as soon as the pound shop superstores built in Govan road the b etter ,how that shower of tax evaders won the league s beyond me ,poor palestinians Gio ,imagine beeing opressed by a world super = power backed by the U.S.
2010-06-06 15:14:17 UTC
all rangers fans are anti english ...nah don't think so..i'm no for one..whatever everyone else wants to think thats their choice..same as its mine to want england to do ok..
LiNzi
2010-06-07 02:17:28 UTC
That's funny Erra, i thought the Flower of Scotland was the national anthem?
2010-06-06 15:44:24 UTC
i thought the flower of scotland was our national anthem 53? oh well wit the feck dae a know eh lol 2 answer your question! feck knows, they r a confused lot lol